Who is seeing your site?
And how are they finding you?
YOU ARE ON YOUR WAY TO A GREAT WEBSITE!
You think you have the design figured out.
You came and decided to work with us here at Code of Entry (great decision by the way!).
Now there are a couple of things we need to talk about!
Exactly what is your site going to look like? In order to have a great website we have to make sure we do some technical things to make sure people will find it!
While having a “pretty” website is a great start, it just isn’t enough. We need to think about WHO is looking at your site.
Some of the design considerations we are going to talk about are:
- First 5 Seconds: When somebody lands on your site, what do you want them to do?
- First 30 Seconds: You’ve managed to keep them around for 5 seconds….now what do you want them to do in the first 30 seconds of being on your site?
- Building a Sales Funnel: Ok, now we are talking! You have kept them engaged for 30 second… Now, how do we get through this sales funnel concept, where we generate leads and close on those leads using our website?
If your website can’t do those things….. then it’s just a billboard!!
A billboard that is out there that nobody is really using. It is not good for your business.
So WHAT if you have a great website that doesn’t DO what you need it to….for your business!?
You can send the link to your mom… but guess what?
- The site is not for your Mom.
- The site is not for YOU personally.
- It is not for your business personally (in most cases)
Then WHAT IS it for?
Your website IS to:
- provide value
- answer your visitor’s questions
- make you an authority
- make your visitor want to buy things from you
- make your visitor want to reach out and give you that email address/phone number
What’s next? What do we need to do?
- We’ve got to make sure the right people can find the website
- We’ve got to make sure you have good content on that website
- We have to make sure we get some Google love
Let’s talk a little more about this “Google Love”.
Most people are not going to come directly to your URL. Customers typing that URL in directly is great, but typically those are leads you have already met in person and given your direct website link. Your website is not really garnering that lead by itself.
We need people to be able to search a topic relevant to your business and your business to pop up. Your website popping up on a Google search says:
- I’m exactly what you are looking for.
- Come to me, I can answer your question.
- I can provide you the service you are looking for.
- I can tell you exactly what you need.
We will discuss each of these topics more in depth in our next videos/articles.
These are the things we are going to do for your business. We are not only going to build you a great website, but will also come to you with a plan to make sure that people can find that website and know exactly what you want them to do once they get there!